1. For what PURPOSE are you going to use the map?
||General Reference |
|Traffic or statistics
2. What AREA do you want your map to include?
|Sections of U.S./World Continents
3. How LARGE a map do you want?
|Characteristic sizes for you to consider are: |
||8 1/2" x 11" |
||17" x 22" or 21" x 28" |
||42" x 28" and up |
|(East-West dimension is always given first.) |
4. What specific DATA do you want shown on the map?
||Cities by commercial importance |
5. Do you need an INDEX?
On detailed maps an index helps locate unfamiliar places and population figures quickly. The index is frequently found on map borders, in handbooks or booklets, or on the reverse side of maps.
6. Do you want a COLOR or BLACK & WHITE map?
Color is attractive, helps to present certain kinds of information. Data entered in color on black and white maps is easy to see and interpret.
7. Would an AERIAL PHOTO or PROPERTY MAP designate your area to a higher degree?